<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 29, 2005

Niall's corollary to my first law of disaster recovery from yesterday You never notice the disaster until 5 minutes after you can easily recover it

If you comment publicly on someone else's unfortunate error, you will make one yourself within 24 hours

So I decided that I was going to rejig the file layout on my laptop, moving Oracle to a different dedicated volume, as its a laptop I just decided to trash the existing database, remove the software and re-install (this works really well on 10g by the way). Naturally though I remembered to export the simple profiler schema and move some custom .java files i'd mis-stored in ORACLE_HOME, the simple matter of keeping my tnsnames.ora escaped me. Only 25 more entries to recreate...

If this was the first time I'd done this it might be more forgivable.

1 Comments
1 Comments:
hehehe :)
 
Post a Comment