<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Expertise 

It was pointed out to me that I, and Mark Bobak, are referred to here as noted Oracle Internals Experts, now whilst it is almost always nice to be called an expert, in this case the attribution of such a term to me is clearly misplaced. If you follow the original article you'll find that it was Mark who offered the nearest thing to Internals information - actually a clarification of terms, My contribution amounted to a suggestion that if desired to allocate more memory to Oracle 10g then raising SGA_TARGET and SGA_MAX_SIZE would be a good first step, and an observation that in low memory situations Oracle seems to make sure the shared pool is a decent size, even at the expense of the buffer cache. I can't really see that either of these are especially expert, or indeed internals.

0 Comments
0 Comments: Post a Comment