<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 21, 2005

UKOUG Agenda 

Well the official Agenda is at the UKOUG conference site here. This is my personal agenda, listed with two aims in mind.

First, if the blog has been helpful or a hinderance and you will be there this will be an opportunity to pester me about it.

Second, My mind is beginning to turn towards 2006 and various sessions that might be useful to run at the Oracle on Microsoft SIG of which I am a co-chair. It would be more than helpful if you have an opinion on this to buttonhole me and let me know what it is. If you are volunteering to present I will of course listen especially carefully. (From the latin meaning accept your offer immediately).

Sunday Oct 30th, I will of course be at the OakTable day. I have no idea if all the places are gone, but if they aren't snap them up now. Some idea of how good this is is that the first session I'll be there for sure - the 2:30 session - I want to be at both tracks.

Monday Oct 31st, check out the Oracle on Microsoft focus pub. The later you get there the less focussed it will be one imagines. It is halloween, its running Oracle on Microsoft platforms, where else would you be? After this finishes its the Oracle bloggers dinner, naturally I hope to engage Connor in discussion about the Ashes.

Tuesday Nov 1st, I'll be introducing Melanie Caffrey's session on Oracle 10g's expression filter. Mel knows what she is talking about. If you haven't got this straight in your mind then you should be there.

Wednesday Nov 2nd, This is of course known as the day from hell. I thought last year was bad when I had Tom Kyte, the DataGuard PM and Carel-Jan Engel all sitting in on a session suggesting that good old fashioned standby might be a great DR solution for SE users, in preference to going for DG. Still I was only grossly incorrect once apparently.

This year however runs

9.00am In search of lost time 45 minutes on how to do response time base tuning. This presentation wouldn't exists except for Tracy Muller pestering me.

10:25 Snatches of Eternity 60 minutes on an approach to end-to-end application tuning that attempts to retrofit the 10g approach to earlier versioned applications. I'm nervous as hell about this one. It does follow on from the 9am slot which is nice and both will appear here after the conference.

11:35 The server tech panel Mogens has a way of co-opting me and others on to this. I advise all technology folks to attend, but try to avoid the eye of the Dane in the kilt.

14:25 I'll be introducing Sue Harper talking about JDeveloper from both a Developer and DBA standpoint. Sue is intelligent, female, South African and the PM for JDeveloper. If you want a taste of how smart she is you should check out her blog.

15:20 The last, but probably most satisfying, duty of the day is introducing Gerry Miller talking about customising DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO. I've spoken to Gerry a couple of times now and he is a guy passionate about coding and instrumenting correctly. If you've heard about this instrumentation thing and want a flying start using tools Oracle already gives you this should be a good place to go.

edited for poor english and a missing url

1 Comments
1 Comments:
but even though I edited it I still use exists instead of exist. Heaven save me from the nitpicker.
 
Post a Comment